Monday, June 14, 2010

Arrived In Guatemala safely

We just had a great lunch at the Christian Academy of Guatemala, which means that we are here safely, and everything went without a hitch. In all my international travels with large groups, I have never had everything go so smoothly. Everyone is doing well, and despite a little exhaustion, we are all relatively energized for what lies ahead. Driving through Guatemala City was eye opening for many members of the team. The rest of today is really low key, we are going to leave the school in a little while to go "freshen up" (some of us are already pretty fresh). Then we are going to go to a baptism of three women from the El Refuge Shelter that we will be working with next week. Tomorrow, we head to San Lucas Toliman, which is the town on Lake Atitlan. If today was an eye opening experience for some, I am more than confident that by this time tomorrow we will all be seeing the world very differently. I am excited to be here with your children,
friends, and loved ones. God is going to teach us all so much and use us in ways that we would never have imagined. We are unsure of internet access in San Lucas, so if you do not hear from me don't worry. I will update you whenever I can.

Shannon, Korinne, & Carson - I love you and miss you so much already.

Please pray for a good night sleep, and a God given energy tomorrow. And pray that we would have eyes to see, ears to hear, and heart to understand.

God Bless,

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment