Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today is the Day

Today is the day.  It is finally here.  We are leaving Walla Walla in just a few hours, and when we come back we will not be the same.  My greatest prayer for our team over the next 24hrs is that in the midst of little sleep, long flights, and excited we can find the Grace of God, and that His Grace will empower us to show one another grace.  I know I am coming into today already physically exhausted.  All of the little details have been running through my mind, and no matter how prepared I am, I always find myself awake at night worrying.  Worrying that I have forgot something, worrying that something might go wrong, or really just worrying that I am worrying too much.  May God grant each of us a sense of His Peace and Comfort in the midst of all our worrying.

 

As the clock continues to countdown toward leaving, I find myself struggling most with leaving my family.  All I want to do is hold my children close, and tell them that I love them and that I will miss them.  Korinne seems to get that daddy is going on a trip.  Last night as I was talking to her about the fact that I would be leaving today looked up at me and said, “I miss you too daddy, I pray for you…”  And then she did, she put her head down and said, “Thank for daddy, Amen”.  There is nothing better than that.  The only reason that I can pull myself away from them, is that with all my heart I believe that God wants us in Guatemala for the next two weeks.  I keep thinking about the three little boys whose families we will be trying to help, and how just a couple weeks ago they lost their daddies.  At least after two weeks my kids get their daddy back.  I get to tell them goodbye, I get to tell them I love them.  I just pray that as we go and share life with these families, they will see the love that Jesus has for them, through the love we share with them.

 

Keep praying for us.

 

Doug Hayes

 

2 comments:

  1. OK Team! We are ready for you here in Guatemala! Looking forward to meeting all of you Monday! Can't wait to see what great things God has in store for us all! Agrellas family in Guate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go team go! Guatemala is going to be so blessed by you and you will be so blessed by this experience! Praying for you all! - Katharine

    ReplyDelete